Proprietary Sludge Treatment Process
SludgePower is ClearCove’s proprietary sludge treatment (cleaning and enhancement) process, and a critical component in the delivery of ClearCove’s energy production and reduction leadership.
Why is Sludge Treatment Important?
Trash and grit can cause operational and maintenance problems for anaerobic digesters; the cleaning of which can represent a large expense to plant operators. Many conventional technologies do not incorporate this important functionality.
Fortunately for our customers, SludgePower does.
What Does SludgePower Do?
- Removes trash, grit, plastics and other inorganics from the sludge prior to anaerobic digestion. This in turn reduces anaerobic digester operational and maintenance costs
- Releases encased organics to increase sludge organic concentration by 80-90% and enable increased biogas generation
- Dewaters trash and grit solids cake to approximately 30-40% for disposal, reducing solids disposal costs and storage
- Replaces other processes, such as DAF
How Does it Work?
- The sludge enters through the center of a perforated circular screen, flowing horizontally
- The solids greater than the size of the screen openings remain inside the screen. An auger rotates to clear the openings of the screen and form a solids cake of 30-40% of solids for disposal
- The conditioned liquid sludge flows through the screen and moves on to the anaerobic digester for renewable energy generation